This Academic Year Prince Avenue has received £9540 in Sports Premium Funding.
Prince Avenue Academy and Nursery is using part of the funding to subscribe to support from the Southend School Sports Partnership. This includes allowing our staff and students to benefit from additional festivals and sports competitions.
Staff will benefit from a range of CPD and training opportunities, including access to sports courses and staff inset opportunities in school. This is especially important to ensure the funding has a lasting impact on up-skilling our teachers and raising the standard of sport in our school.
We have also invested in providing specialist sports coaches to teach PE and Games lessons to our children 5 afternoons a week. These specialists, working from Eastwood Academy through the Sports Partnership, also run additional extra- curricular school clubs and raise the profile of sport through assemblies, bringing in visiting speakers, arranging demonstrations and ensuring links with local clubs.
The School competes in a large number of local competitions and tournaments in a wide variety of sports, with increasing success, due to the opportunities the Sport Premium Funding has provided.
Sports Spending for the year 2015-16 (including £5810.00 funding from school budget)
- Netball team has been established with around 20 participants and competitive games have been played against other schools.
- A new Badminton club has been established with12 pupils.
- 143 pupils take part in after school sports activities each week.
- CPD and support has enabled school staff to be more confident in delivering and running sports clubs.
- High quality sports/PE lessons are delivered by specialist coaches each day on a weekly timetable with improved continuity and delivery.
- The opportunity for pupils to participate in a wider range of sports has been increased.
- Equipment and resources are much improved.
- The school has improved its Athletics performance gaining promotion from Division 4 to 3. In 2016 the team won 2nd place in the field and 3rd place in the combined track and field event at the district sports.
- Boys and girls football, tag rugby, cricket, and rounders teams continue to participate in local schools competitions and leagues on a regular basis.